1. How would you describe Alpine’s Day Care program? Alpine Adult Day Care provides affordable, high-quality adult day care services for elderly and disabled clients, including transportation from/to our client's home. Our day care is family-owned, located in a beautiful, open-space facility in the heart of Aurora and features its own fully-licensed, restaurant style kitchen.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our food, which is CACFP approved and prepared fresh every day by our professional cooking staff. Alpine also has one of the best recreational programs in the Denver Metro area. We offer a wide area of activities, including trips, excursions, monthly birthday parties, on-site nursing and physician consultations and much more.
We accept Medicaid, private insurance and private pay. Alpine's services are completely free for Medicaid clients (under Medicaid's long-term care / HCBS program). We can help you with the application process! And for those who do not qualify for Medicaid, we have very affordable private pay rates!
2. What kind of activities does Alpine offer? We offer a wide variety of activities, tailored to the needs of our clients ranging from light exercise, games, arts & crafts, puzzles to brain challenging games & exercises and therapeutic recreation activities. Therapeutic Recreation Therapy is currently provided for our clients on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. We also offer various daily, weekly and monthly trips & excursions to the botanical gardens, museums, picnics, hot springs, bowling, cinema, monthly birthday parties (with live music & cake & presents), on-site nursing and physician consultation and much more. See our monthly program on our site (under Alpine Blog) for more information.
3. Do you offer transportation services? Alpine has its own transportation company, providing free transportation to/from a client’s home and the day care, as well as for daily, weekly and monthly trips & excursions as part of the day care program.
4. Do you provide wheelchair transportation? Alpine can currently not accommodate wheelchair transportation on its own buses. However, Alpine can usually arrange for third-party transportation for wheelchair-bound clients to/from a client’s home and the day care.
5. Do you provide food / What kind of food do you offer? Alpine’s facility is equipped with its own fully-licensed, restaurant style kitchen. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food, which is CACFP approved and prepared fresh by our professional cooking staff. We serve breakfast, snack and lunch for our clients every day.
6. Do you accept people with mental disabilities? Alpine Adult Day Care caters to the elderly and disabled. We are happy to accommodate clients with mental illnesses, brain injuries, Alzheimer’s, dementia and developmental disabilities. Alpine Brain Injury certified and our staff is specifically trained in caring for patients with traumatic brain injury. However, Alpine is not a closed facility and clients that are prone to exhibit aggressive behavior and/or require mainly one-on-one care are likely not a good fit for us.
7. How can I pay for your services? We accept Medicaid, private insurance and private pay. Alpine's services are completely free for Medicaid clients (under Medicaid's long-term care / HCBS program). We can help you with the application process! And for those who do not qualify for Medicaid, we have very affordable private pay rates! Our private pay rates are $41 (half day without transportation), $62 (half day with transportation), $82 (full day without transportation), and $103 (full day with transportation - mileage band 0-10 miles).
8. Can you offer a free trial day? Yes! We offer a free trial day allowing you to experience a full day at Alpine Adult Day Care, including food, entertainment and excursions/trips! You can meet and get to know our wonderful staff and other participants!